Personal Data Protection Policy
Personal Data Protection Policy for examinee receiving investigation and treatment
Wattanapat Ao Nang Hospital Company Limited
Wattanapat Ao Nang Hospital Company Limited as a hospital operator (“We” or “Health provider”) confidently intends to protect your privacy. The following policy is a guideline we manage your personal data by collection, use, and disclose (as called Analysis”), and protection of your given personal data to us for using our services.
“Personal Data Protection Policy” means this edition of Wattanapat Ao Nang Hospital Company Limited personal data protection policy for examinee receiving investigation and treatment.
“Personal Data” means data of person that can identify either directly or indirectly, including nationality, race, belief of ideology, religion or philosophy, sexual behavior, health information, disability, genetic information, biological
information excluding information of the decreased.
“Medical Data” includes the information below
a. Day month year I received investigational treatment.
b. History of drug allergy and history of drug side effects.
c. History of food allergy.
d. Name of diagnostic disease, name of procedure and name of surgery.
e. Blood result, laboratory result, pathological result, radiological images and radiological result.
f. List of prescribed medication.
g. Necessary information for medical services.
“Network health provider” means health provider in Wattanapat Hospital group or network that currently exists or may exist in the future either in Thailand or overseas, also including health provider operated by Wattanapat Hospital group
Personal Data we analyze
1. We will analyze your personal data: name-surname, address, telephone number, e-mail address, gender, age, identification card number, medical information, financial information and other information needed for investigational treatment and to provide you services.
2. We may collect and analyze personal data which is sensitive such as information about physical or mental
condition, including information about investigational treatment or other similar information.
Sources of Personal Data
1. We will analyze your personal data from you directly
2. We may receive your personal data from the third party as followings
2.1. Personal who are close to you such as relatives, spouse
2.2. Network health providers if you give your consent to them
2.3. The third party you have a contract with such as a company you apply a job with or being your employer in any regards such as by interview, telephone conversation or documenting.
2.4. Persons, legal entity or a party of government, private section or state enterprise in both Thailand or overseas as they refer me to undergo investigation with us or they pay such expense.
Purposes of Data Analysis.
We will analyze your personal data for the following purposes
1. Investigation, treatments and provided medical services.
Health providers will perform the followings
1.1 Team of physicians, nurses and/or other staffs in health team of Health provider will record your personal data and take such data for consulting with a team of specialists, including taking slide and video for follow up treatments and/or any actions according to pertinent professional principles along duration of your undertaking treatment by we will explain you about detailed information for understanding prior to proceeding as well as we will give you opportunity for questioning until your satisfactory has achieved
1.2 Team of physicians, nurses and/or other staffs in health team of Health provider can analyze, access, Copy and transfer your personal data maintained in Health provider and network health provider; and such Network provider may analyze, access, copy and transfer your personal data maintained in Health provider. For providing your medical services
However; Health provider may be necessary to transfer your personal data and medical information to overseas party as for your medical benefit or per your request regardless of the country of the party may have a law for personal data protection that meets or does not meet a standard of Thai laws for personal data protection. Health provider shall follow appropriate procedures to safeguard your personal data. Health provider will disclose and transfer your personal data to public heath personals and health provider servicing treatment in case of a need of using information between providers for medical treatments.
2. Analytical Study for Quality development of medical treatments.
We may use your personal data, medical information which is sensitive, including information of health examination result, and other information about your health condition such as results of treatment, laboratory result or radiological result for quality development of medical treatments so Health provider and its staffs are responsible to safeguard such information strictly.
3. Welfare for claim compensation from insurance company or medical welfare from the third party who is either a person or legal entity in both Thailand and overseas.
We may need to disclose and/or send a copy of my personal data maintained at Health provider to a insurance company or a responsible person of that company to follow a contract you have done or will do with the insurance company, including the third party you have a contract with, or person, legal entity or a party of government, private section or state enterprise in both Thailand or overseas as they refer me to undergo investigation at Health provider or they pay such expense.
4. Networking electronic medical records among health providers and use of medical services through mobile
applications and websites.
We may enter your personal data into a computer system in forms of mobile applications and websites which are a network system linking electronic medical records among networked health providers for you to browse my personal data via devices and also facilitate the health provider when providing consultation to me via telephone or other communicating devices
5. Health provider’s marketing purpose.
Health provider and companies in the group may collect, use and analyze your personal data for analysis of your health condition, and contact you for communication, medical information transfer, offers of promotion, products
and services according to your consent.
Types of parties of persons who can access your personal data.
1. Health provider may need to disclose your personal data to government unit, unit or persons with authority according to laws as determined or authorized, including per court orders
2. Health provider may disclose your personal data to network health providers, network companies, insurance companies, a responsible person of that company, transferred health provider, person sending you for investigational treatment, a party paying your medical expenses both in Thailand and overseas to follow a contract you have done or will do with the insurance company, including the third party you have a contract with, or person, legal entity or a party of government, private section or state enterprise in both Thailand or overseas.
3. Health provider may disclose your personal data to the third party who is a representative, contractor or service providers of Health provider who are external as registered in Thailand and overseas. They provide services associated with laboratory examination, data creation, telecommunication, computer system, payment or technology outsource as Health provider has a strict policy for disclosing your data as needed in compliance with applicable laws.
Duration of Personal Data Analysis.
1. Health provider will maintain personal data in a Health provider’s system at minimum of 10 years according to the National Health Act 2007 (Section 7) and the Consumer Judicial Procedure Act of 2008 since the date Health provider creates or edits documents containing such the information which is the expected timing for treating illness and following up after the treatment or it may be longer than expected if Health provider can analyze such the information in compliance with applicable laws or for benefit of your treatments or as your request.
2. When it is beyond the duration per #1, Health provider will dispose such the information according to disposal procedures of Health provider.
Measures of Personal data Maintenance and Analysis.
1. Health provider will maintain personal data under a level of measure that is not lower than laws determined and with appropriate system to protect and safeguard such data such as protects with firewall, password and other technical measures for data encryption via the Internet.
2. Health provider will limit accessing personal data regardless of maintaining in the Internet system, programs or documenting forms for only persons who are need to analyze personal data to achieve purposes as per your consent.
3. In case of sensitive data, Health provider will establish measures for security safety of electronic data in terms of access and control by having operational system and backup system, including emergency plan and regular assessment for system risks.
Overseas Transfer of Personal Data.
Health provider may overseas transfer your personal data and medical information only as necessary for purposes according to your consent. Health provider may transfer your personal data and medical information outsider of Thailand to person or party located in other countries or under laws of other countries regardless of regardless of a law for personal data protection of that country meets or does not meet a standard of Thai laws for personal data protection. Health provider shall follow appropriate procedures to safeguard your personal data and medical information.
Right and Access your Personal Data as a data owner.
You can contact to staff safeguarding personal data/ relevant staff of Health provider according to detailed contact in the following to put a request to proceed according to rights as law determined as below
1. You have a right to access your personal data maintained at Health provider, including requesting a copy of such data and transfer of such data to other controllers of information or to yourself
2. You have a right to disagree or withhold collection, use or disclose of your personal data
3. You have a right to request Health provider to correct incorrect data or add information to incomplete information as well as requesting Health provider to delete or dispose of disclose sources of your data in case of you did not give a consent for
4. In case you have found Health provider or its staff use or disclose your data not along with your consent, you have a right to file complaints to Personal Data Protection Committee
5. You have a right to withdraw your consent for personal data analysis from Health provider anytime during duration of your personal data is maintained at Health provider unless there is a restriction on withdrawal of consent by law or by a contract benefiting you
Hereby you acknowledge that withdrawal of consent for personal data analysis may have impacts in lack of
convenience and delay in access to medical history when undergoing treatment from Health provider and/or network health provider or the use of application of Health provider or may have impacts to insurance company or a sender referring you to have treatment or a payer of your medical expense incompliance with your contract on case by case basis. However, the withdrawal of consent will not have any impacts on any actions Health provider, network health providers or network companies had already conducted per your consent prior to the withdrawal.
You can contact make inquiries or use of any rights regarding personal data at:
Wattanapat Ao Nang Hospital Company Limited
555 Moo5, Klong Haeng Road, Ao Nang Subdistrict, Mueang Krabi District, Krabi 81180
Telephone number: 07 581 5555
E-mail address: CONTACT@AONANGHOSPITAL.COM
Changes of Personal Data Protection Policy.
We may review and revise Personal Data Protection Policy periodically in accordance with changes of our servicing and operation, and your suggestions and comments, including applicable laws. We will inform you for your acknowledgement and consent whenever the mentioned policy has changed to safeguard your right and your acknowledgement our guideline used for your personal data protection.
Effective from 1st February 2021